Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Ardie Adams & his orchards | Portrait

Nothing better than meeting the subject of your portrait and finding out they're not only easy to get along with but a good person at heart. Ardie Adams, one of the oldest living fruit growers in Utah County, was certainly no exception to the rule. Mr. Adams and I spent an afternoon together talking life, cherries and the ol' Book of Mormon. As I was leaving, he put his hand on my shoulder. "You seem like a fine young man with a fulfilling life being lived already," Adams said to me. "I respect how hard you work - never underestimate where hard work can get you." Noted. Enjoy!


Ardie Adams, 90, a life-long fruit farmer, poses for a portrait Friday, April 13, 2012, in his orchards at his home in Pleasant Grove, Utah.


Ardie Adams, 90, a life-long fruit farmer, presents some of his cherry blossoms Friday, April 13, 2012, in his orchards at his home in Pleasant Grove, Utah.